About this course
Shipping managers in the current marketplace need to understand all aspects of international supply chain management. As the shipping industry evolves towards an integrated, multimodal, door-to-door logistics approach, such knowledge becomes increasingly important.
Southampton Solent’s intellectually challenging international shipping and logistics master’s degree is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge sought after by employers within this dynamic industry. The units studied during the course aim to enable students to develop a detailed understanding of the operations and strategies of shipping as a single transport mode within the context of international multimodal logistics.
To complement their studies, past students have had the opportunity to visit key maritime organisations, such as the ports of Southampton, Antwerp and Rotterdam, the International Maritime Organization and the Baltic Exchange. Some of these visits were funded outside of the course fees.
Recently, Southampton Solent University launched the China Centre (Maritime) with the key aim of growing a number of strong links with industry and with maritime universities in China, allowing the University to be at the forefront of international research and global trade developments.
- Maritime Management
- International Maritime Law
- Maritime Operations and Transport
- Project Management Methodology
- Research Methods and Proposal
- Supply Chain Management
- Operational Risk Management
- Maritime professionals need to be skilled in identifying and analysing problems to lead changes in policy or practices. You'll develop these skills by identifying, planning and implementing research in your chosen area, and analysing and communicating the findings.
Further information and application details
For more information about the course and how to apply, please visit the Southampton Solent University website.