About this course
The testis designed to allow students to demonstrate basic engineering skills in fitting, assembly, and electrical maintenance. No instruction is given and students must complete all tasks for assessment on their own.
Students should allow five days for the tasks to be scheduled and completed in the Warsash engineering workshops.
The tasks cover the following:
- Safe and efficient use of equipment
- Inspection and care of equipment; selection and suitability of equipment
- Use and care of hand tools; safe use of portable power tools
- Safe use of drilling machines and bench mounted grinders
- Maintenance and assembly skills - screw down non-return valve overhaul. centrifugal pump overhaul, electric motor overhaul
- Electrical testing and wiring; recognition of common components, symbols and configuration
How to book
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course:
Telephone: +44 (0)23 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):
Monday - Thursday: 08.30 - 17.00
Friday 08.30 - 16.30
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.
Your joining instructions will tell you which campus your training will take place at - please read carefully and take note.
Course availability and booking
Monday 18 February 2019
Monday 17 June 2019