About this course
With a rich blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, Solent’s International Maritime Business master’s programme aims to leave graduates well-equipped for careers in ship management or port operations/management, both in the UK and internationally.
This stimulating and intellectually challenging course helps to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to operate successfully within the international maritime industry.
The course has a strong business focus and explores the complex factors involved in the management of ships and shipping operations worldwide. Students will also reflect on the key aspects of maritime law, operations and risk management techniques and look at the impact of international trade on management strategies in the industry.
Recently, Solent University launched the China Centre (Maritime) with the key aim of growing a number of strong links with industry and with maritime universities in China, allowing the University to be at the forefront of international research and global trade developments.
- Maritime Management
- International Maritime Law
- Maritime Operations and Transport
- International Trade and Commercial Law
- Economics of International Trade and Shipping
- Finance and Business Risk
- Reserach Methods and Proposal
- Maritime professionals need to be skilled in identifying and analysing problems to lead changes in policy or practices. You'll develop these skills by identifying, planning and implementing research in your chosen area, and analysing and communicating the findings.
Further information and application details
For more information about the course and how to apply, please visit the Solent University website.