With a rich blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, our graduates are well equipped for careers in ship management or port operations/management, either in the UK or internationally.
Suitable roles for graduates include:
- General and project management roles within relevant maritime organisations and businesses.
- Ship and shipping company management.
- Marine accident investigation.
- Marine business development manager.
- Voyage operations manager.
- Port development manager.
- Marine client manager.
- Vessel operator.
English language requirements
- An honours degree at 2:2 or higher in maritime studies, shipping, business, economics, law, or a relevant subject.
- An ordinary degree or HND in a technical or business discipline, combined with appropriate professional experience.
- Other qualifications may also be considered – contact the admissions office for further information.
- If your first language is not English, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 (6.0 writing), or equivalent.
- Part-time study is not available for overseas students requiring a student visa.
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.5 (6.0 in writing)
- TOEFL IBT 92 (22 in writing) - TOEFL is only valid for EU students or equivalent.